Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Persecution of a Witch

Today my father found out I am Pagan. Today, today I was persecuted for something I believe is right. The persecution of anyone is wrong. Why do we then persecute that with which we are not familiar? Is a pear not unfamiliar before we first try it? Yet why is it that we do not spurn the pear, yet we spurn the witch? Surely this cannot make sense. Pitty as it were. If only....if only I were accepted for myself. I sent my father a long, thought out reason as to why I should be able to practice my religion as I wish and he refuses to answer it. I am close to requesting specifically that my request is answered post haste. He said that I need to hide my religion because I am an embarrassment to him. I refuse to go back in the broom closet. I love my religion and I'm proud of it. Raising a Pagan child/adult is apparently severely frowned upon. If only he would accept me as I am. Anyone have any comments? ......Anyone?
-The Rejected and Dejected

No comments:

Post a Comment